KSDMA started implementing disability inclusive disaster risk reduction programme since 2015. In order to partially support post flood 2018 housing reconstruction efforts of weaker sections, KSDMA through United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) mobilised Rs. 8.25 crores purely from non-governmental sources. The UNDP support was for 5000 flood affected weaker families in Pathanamthitta, Idukki and Wayanad District with Rs. 16,500/- family. Hon’ble Chief Minister benevolently extended an additional support of Rs. 10 crores from Chief Minister’s Distress Relief Fund to raise the support to Rs. 25,000/- per family for 7300 families of Pathanamthitta, Alappuzha, Kottayam, Idukki, Ernakulam, Thrissur, Palakkad and Wayanad districts.
Beneficiaries of the project were:
1. Families with cancer patients, dwelling in houses that experienced at least 15% damage in Kerala Floods 2018
2. Families with dialysis patients, dwelling in houses that experienced at least 15% damage in Kerala Floods 2018
3. Families with bedridden, differently abled members, dwelling in houses that experienced at least 15% damage in Kerala Floods 2018
4. Widowed mothers with minor children dwelling in houses that experienced at least 15% damage in Kerala Floods 2018
If only eligible families were not present under the preceding criteria that a beneficiary were to be chosen from the succeeding criteria. The beneficiaries were chosen only from the existing approved list of flood house damaged beneficiaries.
Prathyuthaanam is a pioneering scheme in the country where additional financial assistance is provided to disaster affected people with compounded vulnerability and it truly upholds the tenet of “Leave No One Behind”.
1. Government Order approving Prathyudhanam – GO (Ms) No. 15/2019/DMD dated 14-6-2018
2. Government Order revising the rate for assistance from UNDP – GO (Rt) No. 674/2018/DMD dated 11-12-2018
3. Government Order amending Prathyudhanam scheme – GO (Ms) No. 21/2019/DMD dated 30-7-2019
4. Guidelines for Prathyuthaanam (മാർഗ്ഗനിർദ്ദേശങ്ങൾ)
5. Brochure of Prathyuthaanam (ബ്രോഷർ)
6. Application Form for Prathyuthaanam (അപേക്ഷ ഫോറം)