As part of the ongoing UNICEF- KSDMA partnership project “Mainstreaming Disaster Risk resilience”, it is envisioned to undertake activities to mainstream disaster risk reduction in various sectors. One of the activities for the year 2020 is virtual cadre training of 6 government departments. Online training are planned for the officers of these departments. As part of mainstreaming DRR activities in the education sector, school safety awareness programmes are planned in association with the education department. For up scaling up the efforts related to school safety and hospital safety, designing of apps are being planned for aiding the stakeholders in preparing DM plans and disseminating DM related information. Two handbooks based on the themes ‘school safety’ and ‘disasters & climate change’ are planned for students and teachers respectively. As part of strengthening the participation of the Non-governmental institutions and coordination with the governmental mechanism, district level IAGs which were constituted last year will be coordinated and reinforced. In order to capture the impact of disasters on vulnerable sections of population dis-aggregated data of the population affected by various disasters will be enumerated.
List of Events
1. School Safety training for Alappuzha, Ernakulam and Kollam districts, 1-02-2020. Report can be found here
2. School safety training for Kozhikode and Wayanad, 8-2-2020. Report can be found here
3. School safety training for Malappuram, 8-2-2020. Report can be found here
4. School safety training for Palakkad and Thrissur, 8-2-2020. Report can be found here
5. State Level Consultation on Comprehensive School Safety, 2-3-2020. Report can be found here
6. Networking for Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation for IAG Members – State & District Level, 7-3-2020. Report can be found here